The intent of certification is to provide the public assurance that a scalp acupuncture specialist certified by us has successfully completed an approved educational program and evaluation process, including an examination to assess the required knowledge, skills, and experience to provide quality patient care.
The Zhu’s Scalp Acupuncture Certification Program is an advanced study program designed for licensed acupuncture practitioners. Upon completion of the program, the graduates will be able to:
- Utilize Zhu’s Scalp Acupuncture in their practice as a primary or complementary treatment modality.
- Sharpen their diagnostic skills and develop efficient treatment plans for patients with a diverse range of medical conditions.
- Enhance the effectiveness of their treatments, achieving fast and long-lasting results.
- Specialize in stroke, as well as other areas of emphasis in our program.
Applicant must be knowledgeable in Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture, with a solid background in both theory and practice.
Applicant must have a valid license, as required in their states or countries, to legally practice acupuncture on another person.
Applicant must attend the Basics Module before he/she starts the certification program.
The necessary training required to become a Certified Scalp Acupuncture Specialist (CSAS) include reading assignments, webinars, workshops, internship and direct practical experience with patients.
1. Learning Modules
The principle of Chinese medicine is holism, hence a Certified Scalp Acupuncture Specialist should have a broad medical knowledge. Our program provides modular training in various fields (see Course Descriptions). These modules offer Continuing Education Units for acupuncturists, subject to approval by the appropriate licensing boards. Student must complete all modules.
Each module consists of:
- Reading Assignments: To lay the foundation for a module, student has to read materials pertaining to the module’s subject. This will include related TCM theories, anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, etc.
- Webinars: Before attending a workshop, student has to watch a webinar (8 hours) in which the instructor will explain the key concepts, disease processes, diagnosis, treatment principles and methods. Student can log onto our site and watch the video at any time and in his/her own pace.
- Workshops: Workshops focus on clinical skills. We provide demonstrations on real patients, hands-on practice opportunities, as well as case analysis. Students are encouraged to bring questions to the class or bring their own patients for treatment.
Students must undertake:
- 8 days of individual internship at Zhu’s Neuro-Acupuncture Clinic
- (optional) 5 to 10 days of group internship at a hospital in China
3. Volunteer Work
Students must volunteer at least 14 hours of service relating to Zhu’s Scalp Acupuncture, for example:
- provide free treatments for low-income or under-served community any where in the world, or,
- assist our Foundation ZSAREF in its research and education efforts.
All work must be documented either on paper or video.
Students must write a paper pertaining to Zhu’s Scalp Acupuncture. It can be clinical case reports or research studies.
5. Final Evaluation
Final evaluation includes a written test and a practical session. We will assess the student’s ability to do the following satisfactorily.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform accurate diagnosis.
- Demonstrate Zhu’s Scalp Acupuncture needling techniques.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of scalp zone locations.
- Demonstrate the proper use of daoyin.
- Demonstrate the effectiveness of the treatment.
Upon successful completion of the program and passing the final evaluation, you will receive a Diploma of Certification and be granted the recognition and title of “Certified Scalp Acupuncture Specialist” (CSAS), as well as other rights and privileges awarded by ZSAREF.